CEA (Commissariat à l’énergie atomique)
CEA is a major research institute in France with a staff over 16000 people and with a broad field of expertise in all energy related aspects. Within CEA, a department is dedicated to solar energy and energy efficiency in buildings. This department is the major player of the French National Institute for Solar Energy (INES), located in Alps region. Currently, CEA-INES is about 300 persons, and is divided in six laboratories. The main activities of CEA-INES are:
- Technological research: advanced modelling and new concepts,
- Applied research: assistance to innovation for material, processes, products; assistance to products development, technology transfer,
- Systems design: simulation tools, climatic analyses, monitoring on real sites.
- Characterization, tests: assistance on products, tests program,
- Training on solar systems, standards development,
- Demonstrations: validation at the end user level in real environment for specific application of a product or a system.
Role in City-zen
CEA-INES will assist Ville de Grenoble in the development of the smart district heating network. In particular, CEA-INES will be involved in the design, the simulation and the optimization of the demonstration project and will provide assistance in the scientifical and technical fields.