City-zen is a five years project, started in March 2014.
- 9th of March 2018: Professor Climate Design & Sustainability Andy van den Dobbelsteen and Project Manager at Energy Exchange Enablers (part of Alliander) Ilse Wissink are invited for an interview with Roelof Hemmen at BNR Newsradio (all-news radio station in The Netherlands) about Roadmap Amsterdam and The Virtual Power Plant. Interview starts at 19 m. 30 s., interview is in Dutch.
- 15th of March 2018 the City-zen Roadmap broadcasted at NOS news (20 m. 50 s.) and NOS news article
- 15th of March 2018 at renowned Pakhuis de Zwijger Amsterdam – Andy van den Dobbelsteen presented the City-zen Roadmap Amsterdam (event in Dutch): Roadmap Amsterdam presentation (PDF)
- March 2017 – field visit of consortium to Manchester
- January – First City-zen Days from 31 January to 2 February 2018 – Grenoble (France)
- September/October 2016 – field visit of consortium to Vienna
- March 2016 – workshop on energy transition roadmap and methodology in Grenoble
- March 2016 – closing of second application round for high level residential retrofit
- February 2016 – Beta testing of “the Age of Energy” game
Some Media Coverage
Dutch Vehicle to Grid pilot: charge and deliver – World premiere in Amsterdam (articles in Dutch)
- Het Parool “Balanceer stroompieken met je auto” (Dutch news paper, March 2018)
- Energeia (online news platform about Dutch Energy market, February 2018) “Proef in Amsterdam met teruglevering aan net door elektrische auto’s energeia-artikel”
Dutch read about cold harvested from drinking water, first time worldwide, now in Amsterdam, December 2017 (article in Dutch) https://www.trouw.nl/groen/bloedbank-sanquin-gebruikt-kou-als-energie~afb587c9/